httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: [post-1.2] proposed api extension mechanism
Date Thu, 01 May 1997 12:36:40 GMT
> Again, it seems to me that C++ would be a much cooler way to handle this
> kind of thing.

Perhaps, but the number of programmers completely comfortable in C++ is
significantly less than those comfortable in C.  Our pool of contributors
would drop dramatically if we switched everything to C++.

And, getting a working C++ compiler on the extremely diverse set of
platforms that Apache currently supports is going to be difficult.

We've had this discussion before though.

-Rasmus