httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/htdocs/manual index.html
Date Thu, 29 May 1997 23:34:56 GMT
>From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>  Modified:    htdocs/manual  index.html
>  Log:
>  Absolute reference needed, for those looking at the pages directly
>  from a file system, or through a web site not using Multiviews.
>    <LI><A
>  !      HREF=""
>        >Java's 1.0.2 virtual machine and HTTP/1.1</A>
>  --- 50,56 ----
>    <LI><A
>  !      HREF=""
>        >Java's 1.0.2 virtual machine and HTTP/1.1</A>

    I'm not sure I understand this, since it's an absolute URL pointing
    directly to Taz, which *is* running Multiviews.  Whatever.

    I get the point of the other changes; thanx, Brian.  I guess I just
    assumed that the mirrors would be running multiviews.  Do we have
    any assurance that they're even running Apache? ;->

    <VOICE POMPOUS>As we move into the future</VOICE>, maybe we should
    encourage mirrors to run multiviews?  At least for the mirror
    portion?  I'm an hopeless optimist, but I hope we'll be having
    multilingual versions of some of the pages before the end of the
    calendar year..

    #ken    :-)}

View raw message