httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Illustration of JDK<->HTTP/1.1 problem
Date Tue, 06 May 1997 02:24:45 GMT
    I have verified (I spent some time in Missourah ;-) the problem with
    the JDK 1.0.2 and HTTP/1.1 header responses.  Dean (I think) says
    it's still a problem with JDK 1.1[.1?].  I have reported it as a bug
    to JavaSoft, and set up a site to demonstrate the problem:

    Port 10000 at that server responds with HTTP/1.1, and port 10001
    with HTTP/1.0.  The page includes the source of a Java application
    that accesses the server to illustrate the issue.

    The issue is that the JDK libraries see "HTTP/1.1" in the response
    instead of "HTTP/1.0", and *don't* interpret/parse the headers -
    they get passed along with the document content to the application.

    #ken    :-(}

View raw message