httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Minimalist doc search - for 1.2?
Date Sun, 04 May 1997 19:44:37 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>My suggestion would be to put it on taz, not include the script in the
>distribution, but include a link to it.

    What about sites that install Apache off-net?  They wouldn't be able
    to use it.  Also, if the pointer is to Taz, they can end up being
    referred to documentation about features they don't have (yet).
    Consider someone using 1.2 and being directed to something
    added/changed in 1.2.1, or if we keep the 2.0 docs in the same tree
    as the 1.2 stuff (!).

    These are the only reasons I suggest including it in the
    distribution.  The mkindex script doesn't need to be included.
    Since we include the docs as a state-of-what-you've-got, I think the
    index ought to refer to it.  When they upgrade, they get new docs -
    and a new index.

    #ken    :-)}