httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [post-1.2] proposed api extension mechanism
Date Thu, 01 May 1997 16:41:55 GMT
sameer wrote:

> > gcc does it, of course. I've not come across any platforms recently that don't
> > have C++, but some hard data would be welcome.
> 	g++ is pretty lame though lats I checked.

I write almost everything in C++, and I haven't had any real problems with g++,
apart from some interesting problems with default modes on iostreams (which can
be solved portably).

> > > We've had this discussion before though.
> >
> > Does that mean we aren't allowed to discuss it again?
>
> 	No, but we're going to discuss the same things, and it will be
> a waste of breath.

Possibly. It is a considerable time since we last discussed it, and people are
proposing things which cry out for OO programming, so I think the playing field
has changed.

Cheers,

Ben.

--