httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <>
Subject Should $(OBJS): Makefile be there?
Date Fri, 30 May 1997 19:38:29 GMT
	This is clearly not a proposed change for 1.2. I'm wondering,
however, if this really should be there..

Makefile.tmpl has the line:

$(OBJS): Makefile

	so that if the Makefile is modified, all the .o files need to
be rebuilt...

	Seems to me, however, that the only dependency should be

httpd: $(REGLIB) $(OBJS) Makefile

	because if Makefile gets modified it only affects which object
files go in, not the contents of the individual object files. If you
run "Configure" the only thing that changes is modules.c, which means
that a new modules.o needs to be built, but no other object files need
to be rebuilt.

	Is that right? Am I missing something?

Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777