httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Sun May 11 19:48:32 PDT 1997
Date Mon, 12 May 1997 13:43:59 GMT
Paul Richards wrote:

> "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> writes:
>
> >   * Should we abuse Tenon for violating our License?
> >         http://www.tenon.com/whatsnew/press_release/97.05.12.html
> >
> >     #if defined(__MACHTEN__)
> >     #error   Due to license violations, Tenon is explicitly excluded
> >     #error   from compiling or using the Apache source code in any form.
> >     #endif
>
> What's the gripe with Tenon? They make no secret of the fact that
> WebTen is an Apache derivative.

Have you read their Press Release? They clearly imply that WebTen is somehow
authorized by the Apache Group. Heck, they don't even bother to place pointers
to www.apache.org or anything at all like that on their release. Not only
that, but they have not complied with LICENSE although they were clearly told
weeks back of it's conditions.

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"