httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [post-1.2] proposed api extension mechanism ["Lou D. Langholtz" <>] (fwd)
Date Fri, 02 May 1997 15:36:25 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:
> I agree that it can be painful switching between C and C++, but I can't buy
> into the argument that you shouldn't use something because you wouldn't be
> using it fully.

Sounds good to me... I think most people, myself included, were assuming
that if we switched to C++, we would get slammed if we did something
C-like instead of C++-like when OO didn't matter, if you get my
> Also, much of the tricky stuff gets done once, presumably by those who are good
> at C++, and then gets used by everyone else, which is always a lot easier than
> designing and building it in the first place.

Again, this is fine.

      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"

View raw message