httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [post-1.2] proposed api extension mechanism ["Lou D. Langholtz" <sysldl@usi.utah.edu>] (fwd)
Date Fri, 02 May 1997 12:15:05 GMT
> From: Ben Laurie <ben@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
> I'm concerned that this discussion is based on vapourware [...]

It was vaporware yesterday when I proposed it because I guessed (correctly)
that it would be torn to shreds in this discussion before I got a sense for
what direction the group wanted to take.  (I've been watching this group
long enough to know that was going to happen!)  It would have been a waste
to get started before soliciting some input since this is in the core.

I've started coding now, mainly based on Brian Behlendorf's suggested
compromise of an OO-based system in C.  That seemed to be the closest to
the middle ground in comments I've seen here.

I'll put more info on a web page ASAP.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA