httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: [TIP]: How to use an Apache Proxy to filter Advertisements
Date Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:18:20 GMT

> > Actually now that the IAB has standardized on various ad sizes you could
> > write a filter that filtered those image sizes.  Many sites will make it
> > even more convenient for you by including height and width tags.  :)

I see the smilies but as I've said before, I will veto any mention of
ad blocking in Apache. Ads are the only source of income for many
sites and providers. I'd also consider proxy ad filtering to be a
form of modified redistribution that infringes my copyright.

If anyone does try this idea I will make a hell of a lot of noise
on and off this list and perhaps let my rabid copyright lawyer out
of his cage.

Rob Hartill                              Internet Movie Database (Ltd)   .. a site for sore eyes.

View raw message