httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: The old old discussion... (was Re: unsigned host port)
Date Wed, 09 Apr 1997 16:34:25 GMT
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> The whole point of disagree can be solved by moving the _master source_ of
> mod_rewrite from the authors kitchen to the Apache Groups respository. This
> way nothing gets losts, the code is up-to-date all the time and when its
> broken, one can fix it immediately (instead of waiting for a sync).  ALL THIS
> IS NO PROBLEM: The only(!) requirement for the author to accept this scheme is
> that he also wants be able to access the code in the repository the same way
> the other developers can.

I've no problem with that. I'm sorry if I've misread your wishes which
I interpreted as being you wanting more privilages (e.g. special veto).
You can commit other (non rewrite) code too as far as I'm concerned so
long as you have no plans to do more than what the current cvs maintainers
do. Your statement above clears up that worry for me.

cheers,
rob
http://us.imdb.com/tour   .. a site for sore eyes.