httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: something to think about for 2.0...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 1997 23:33:31 GMT
On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >and prevent it from settling. It'll never be perfect and the longer we
> >leave it the more new bugs we'll find. We just as well remove the "b"
> >and call it 1.2.8 and increment the most minor number ever few weeks
> >if any bugs get squished.
>
> That would be fine by me -- I've never liked
> the beta designation.

Okay, vote time.

There are two options if we do this and avoid long beta phases in future:

	1) work on 1.2.8 until we think it is free of major bugs and
		hold up the start of 2.0 until then.

	2) split the code into two versions. 1.2.8 and 2.0 and release
		new versions as and when there's enough new code or
		fixes to warrant it. The 1.2 branch will fizzle away as
		interest in it fades.

I'd vote   +0 on (1) and +1 on (2). Other options are welcomed.

rob