httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: SIGPIPE on Solaris 2.5.1
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:02:17 GMT
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Nathan J Kurz wrote:
> Except for CGI's.  I wonder if this bug might explain some of the
> problems with CGI's not receiving SIGPIPE's when the client closes.

The most common problem that causes this is that apache alternates between
blocking reading from the CGI and blocking writing to the client.  If
the CGI is long running (the only ones we care about this on) it'll just
sit there blocked on the CGI and not notice the client is gone.  Sockets
just don't cause SIGPIPE in this case, at least that's been my experience.

My suggestion is to take Sameer's CGI buffering and tweak so that we've got
a select() going on both fds in this case.

Dean