httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: oddity w/SIGHUP (related to PR#429)
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 02:45:51 GMT
Wait until you see graceful restart take 5 before you answer this ... but
do you want me to also try to include the fix for the race condition in
make_child (if the child receives a HUP before it has removed the
restart() handler then the child becomes a parent)?  This isn't as trivial
(because you have to deal with systems that don't deliver signals reliably
in order to get it right).  Although hrm, I could hack a quickie global
parent_pid in http_main.c and just do a quick getpid() check in the
restart handlers.  That would probably be safe enough for 1.2.

Dean