httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: graceful restarts, take 4
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 02:18:40 GMT
I don't really trust that to work well everywhere :)  Most systems don't
have reliable signal delivery... in fact the only one I'm aware of that
delivers all signals is linux 2.0.1 and later.  It breaks some programs
actually, which don't expect certain combos of signals to happen.  There
are probably others though.

But wording like this on solaris' sigprocmask manpage:

     If there are any pending unblocked signals after the call to
     sigprocmask(),  at  least  one  of  those  signals  will  be
     delivered before the call to sigprocmask() returns.

Make me think that we'd get nowhere assuming a signal to close the
listening sockets would get through.

Dean