httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Sat Apr 19 21:05:18 PDT 1997
Date Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:55:29 GMT
On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
> >   * Listen and serialization problem should at least be documented,
> >     perhaps solved.  See
> >     <Pine.LNX.3.95dg3.970418205548.14942C-100000@twinlark.arctic.org>
> >     Possibly related PR#s: 361, 299, 256
>
> Serialization of the server on FreeBSD 2.2 has _reduced_ the amount
> of swap growth mainly through reduction of processes. I do think
> that some children are getting buried by being left in a queue
> state that does not allow them to accept.

I've asked the submitter of 361 if USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT helps them.
They say they get a hang every 24 hours so I should know something tomorrow.

Memory leaks -- you might want to try my graceful restart take 4.

> >   * SEGV under FreeBSD with lingering_close [and proxy?]
> > 	Randy hasn't seen any coredumps in the last 24 hours.
>
> Still no problems in this area.

I forget what fixed it.  Is it something we need to doc, or just close
this out?

> >   * PR#373: timeout problems introduced between 1.2b7 and 1.2b8
>
> I think these are resolved by some of Roy's recent work.

I'll test Roy's stuff today, been meaning to.  Someone want to send it off
to submitter of #373?

Dean