httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: systems without accept_mutex, bug?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 1997 19:56:27 GMT
On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Surely the blocked children will be scoreboarded as busy, so new children will
> be brought up. But it does mean that there will be more children than there
> should be.

Nope, the BUSY setting doesn't happen until after a socket has been
accept()ed.  So they're all recorded as being READY and not enough servers
are started.

It looks like this might be a problem we should solve.  The serializing
options are a workaround.  The only solution I can think of without
serialize is to make the listening sockets non-blocking... I wonder what
is actually faster, maybe serializing is a good thing.

Dean