httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [TIP]: How to use an Apache Proxy to filter Advertisements
Date Fri, 18 Apr 1997 20:47:35 GMT
It's just an arms war anyhow.  If a filter like this existed then people
would start developing content that uses the same size images.  People
will start developing sites with garbage urls that are unfilterable (but
still cacheable...).  Then it'll be back to the "expensive" method of ad
filtering which is to know the layout of the site and from that know which
thing to filter... which only hurts the "big" sites.

I forgot my sarcastic smilie in the first message... I make my living
right now from companies that use ads for revenue.

Dean