httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Voting guidelines..
Date Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:28:31 GMT
Paul you keep saying the beta is getting less stable and gloss over
the fact that the changes we've made in areas such as lingering close
worked just fine in our development environments and were only shown to
be broken once they were live in the world.  Changes like my optimization
patches were required because the server wasn't performing anywhere as
well as 1.1.

Yes they destabilized things for one beta, but would you rather we released
a piece of crap?  If anything I'd say the word "beta" is misused here.  If
we instead called them "release snapshots" or some other term like that
then it'd be more accurate.

In my opinion the betas have been more and more stable.  I've been
running the latest stuff on hotwired's servers pretty much since the
beginning of the year.  I've never run into instability problems, and
I've never had to back out a rev.

Dean