httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_example and the API
Date Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:15:40 GMT
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >It's possible for your directives to implicitly know in which context they
> >are supposed to operate.
>
>     Oh?  How?

According to the flags they're defined with they may be valid only in
server-config or in per-dir config and not both... so it's implicit which
structure they're supposed to modify.  That's how most of the stock
modules with both per-dir and per-server configs work.

> >All handlers without * in the type are handled first before any handler
> >with * in the type is considered.
>
>     I don't understand what you mean here..

If you write a handler for */* (or text/*, or whatever with a *)
and there's a handler for text/plain then the text/plain handler is
always invoked before your */* handler on results with type text/plain.
This happens regardless of the order that you've put the two modules
in Configuration.  Take a peek at invoke_handler() for more details.

Dean