httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: Problems with GNATS..?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 1997 15:11:51 GMT
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     Has anyone else noticed that the apache-bugdb mail for some PRs
>     seems to include garbled text?  It seems to be happening
>     specifically with Paul's responses in GNATS (at least I haven't
>     noticed with anyone elses, and not even all of his).  It's almost as
>     if newlines are being treated as CRs, and overwriting the line from
>     the beginning.  (In fact, as I was including this, I actually

Uh oh, I've just started using MSIE 4. Let's blame microsoft. I'll
investigate what line endings it is sending when I get some time.

>     Is this something we should change the bugdb script to fix?  (E.g.,
>     "tr/\r/\n/")  Or just ask Paul to "don't do that"? ;->

In my CGI's I normally try to handle all three times of line ending (\r,
\n and \r\n) as equivalent within a textarea (I've seen all three at
various times, I can't remember the details now).

View raw message