httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: FAQing cookies
Date Fri, 18 Apr 1997 20:52:24 GMT
On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     Paul, can you by any chance include your patches inline at the end
>     of your normal text, rather than as attachments?  I'm probably the
>     only one here whose default mail reader isn't MIME-aware, but it
>     occurs to me that it doesn't make the archives any more readable to
>     be full of base64 stuff..

Sure, no problem. I wasn't even aware pine was base64'ing it
(quoted-printable would have been adequate). I do prefer the safety from
gateway and mailer munching that mime provides (having had some bad
experiences with in-message code patches in the past), but its no good if
it makes it unreadable...

On the other hand, you could think about getting a mime mailer...

> >Two cookie FAQ questions and answers:
>     Excellent.  I intended to do something with this, but haven't gotten
>     around to it.

I've been going through the questions I get directed at Apache Week... so
expect more FAQ updates soon.

>     Hrm.  My version of Lynx (which may be incredibly ancient) doesn't
>     do this.  What version are you using, and what command line?  If
>     this can obviate the embedded footnotes in a reasonable manner,
>     that's a major win..

I think anything on the FM branch will do. I'm using 2.4-FM -- 2.7 is out
now. (FM is the branch developed by Worcester Institute using UKansas 2.3
base code. UKansas stopped development soometime later and now recommend
people use the FM branch. Umm, sound familiar?).

Get Lynx(-FM) from http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/, or maybe
http://lynx.browser.org/.

//pcs