httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject FAQing cookies
Date Thu, 17 Apr 1997 21:22:06 GMT
Two cookie FAQ questions and answers:

 - Why does Apache send a cookie on every response?

 - My cookies don't work - why not?
     ... or ...
   Why don't my cookies work, I even compiled in mod_cookies?

I also have another question without an answer...

 - What can I do with the data from mod_usertrack?

I don't know the answer to this (I collected usertrack data from AW
visitors for three weeks, but I cannot get anything useful from it I can't
get more accurately from the a normal log + a referrer log. Are there any
tools out there for analysing usertrack data?).

Incidently I found the adding of the footnotes (references) on the FAQ
page to be a lot of repeated effort (i.e. it was a pain). Is it necessary
- after all the links are already in the actual HTML markup. If you want
to have the footnotes for posting as a text-only version to news, use a
record lynx with -dump.  It works great with no effort.

//pcs