httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Partially-updated draft FAQ r-f-c
Date Fri, 04 Apr 1997 21:06:00 GMT
On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     I've been fiddling in odd moments (some of them *very* odd!) with
>     updating the FAQ.  The current result can be seen at
>
>      http://test.remulak.decus.org/~htdocs/manual/misc/xFAQ.html

I like it (and not just because it mentions Apache Week!)...

About time the FAQ actually answered people's frequently asked questions.
Perhaps you could arrange things into sections, rather than sequential
numbers, like many other FAQs (e.g. questions 1.1 thru 1.10 instead of 1
to 10, in a "general things about Apache" section, then questions 2.1
upwards in a "configuration" section, or whatever.

I can look up the questions I get asked at editors@apacheweek.com for some
more ideas of things to answer (with answers).

It would be nice to post this to c.i.w.s.u regularly like other real FAQs,
to try and cut down the number of repeat posts of the same question (there
must be a question about POST giving "Method Not Implemented" in there
every week).

//pcs