httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Thought we were done with multipart/byteranges? Think again.
Date Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:10:37 GMT
I seem to distinctly recall seeing a message forwarded to this list
from (I think it was) Lou Montulli, saying that Netscape Navigator
4.0b3 would support multipart/byteranges as well as
multipart/x-byteragnes for multipart byterange support with their
plugin interface? Have I gone mad? Because I just tested Navigator
4.0b3 (for the Mac) with a PDF plugin against Apache 1.2b9, and as
sure as it's cold in Minnesota, when I take out the x-, Netscape
behaves just like its predecessors, displaying nothing and taking a
long time to do it.

*sigh*

P.S. Does anyone know why it is that, given that Adobe had to
rearrange the PDF file format to make it "web-ready" anyway, they
couldn't put the pages in numerical order inside the file, so the data
could just stream into the browser without this multiple range stuff?