httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: mod_example and the API
Date Mon, 14 Apr 1997 01:56:42 GMT
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Sure if you need to work in both places and do things differently that
> can be used.  But I was just mentioning that it's possible that you don't
> even need to know which context you're invoked in because you can only be
> invoked in one context.

Yes, but this was all in response to the mod_example comment which
says:

 * It's perfectly reasonable to have two different structures for the two
 * different environments.  The same command handlers will be called for
 * both, though, so the handlers need to be able to tell them apart. One
 * possibility is for both structures to start with an int which is zero for
 * one and 1 for the other.

I'm just saying that this is not the correct way to do that; a simple
check of the nullity of cmd->path will tell you if the directive has
been called in a per-dir or server config context.

On a related note: I seem to recall Ralf saying that the path variable
in the per-dir config setup wasn't being set correctly in 1.2b8. I
haven't been following that, but has it been fixed yet? If not, I do
consider that a show-stopper bug, worth vetoing any additional
releases until it's repaired.