httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Spaces in filenames
Date Mon, 14 Apr 1997 00:22:02 GMT
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> It looks like spaces in paths for FTP requests are getting removed
> before they reach the proxy's handlers. This is an observation, not a
> requirement for an immediate fix.
> Disk 2
> is becoming
> by the time proxy_trans sees it, instead of
> or being left alone, so there's not much I can fix up about the request.
> This will prevent users selecting directories or files of this form.

When is this occuring? Does the URL sent by the browser contain the
spaces? If so, that's not a legal URL; the browser should replace the
spaces with %20 before sending it to the server. If it isn't, I don't
think there's much we can (or should) do about it.

Likewise, I don't know if the Apache FTP proxy gives directory
listings, but if it does, it should not put spaces in its URLs. It
should use %20.

Alexei Kosut <>      The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message