httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: parsing the output of CGI for SSI
Date Thu, 10 Apr 1997 05:53:14 GMT
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Nathan J Kurz wrote:

> >     I have the same opinion about the FAQ of being able to process CGI
> >     output for SSI, but that's another discussion. <g>
>
> Is this a topic that could be opened?  Although that particular case
> might not be desirable, I see the ability to chain together modules as
> something that Apache needs for the future.  For example, we
> dynamically put headers and footers on the top and bottom of all the
> pages we serve.  This is hard to do with Apache.

Yes. It is my intention to add to Apache 2.0 a new 'filter' API that
will allow modules to do things like this (it would require something
like sfio or bstdio, though, or maybe a large rewrite of BUFF). It
would also allow modules to be written to do things like SSL. It
remains to be seen, however, exactly how Apache 2.0 will come
together.

I would, however, like to see this in 2.0. *shrug*