httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: [DOC] more undocumented directives
Date Tue, 08 Apr 1997 20:32:21 GMT
On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> Sorry, I pressed the s)end button too early... Here goes..:
>
> * ContentDigest     no reference in mod/directives.html
> 		    no doc in mod/core.html

This directive does not officially exist. Please leave it
undocumented. It's a proof-of-concept feature that isn't reccomended
to be used. It adds an MD5 hash to static documents, but does it in a
very slow way, and (I just realized) if you mix it with byteranges,
the results are probably wrong. When I added mod_digest, I figured
that since I was adding MD5 code anyway, I might as well...

Anyhow, the point is that it's intended to be undocumented.