httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Schrenk <nschr...@neog.com>
Subject multithreaded DNS resolution
Date Sat, 12 Apr 1997 01:43:13 GMT

I have found myself needing a MT-safe DNS resolver library for a project
I'm working on, and began looking around the Internet for such a piece of
code.  I haven't found anything yet, and thought I'd ask here to see if
anyone knows where I can find something like this.  If I can't find a
thread safe DNS resolver that will work for me (and has a suitable
license,) I'm going to have to write one.

If no one knows where I can find such code, and I end up writing something
that does this, I'd like to contribute the code for use in Apache 2.0
since I believe something like this will be needed for simultaneous
hostname resolution in different threads.  Are there any fixed plans for
Apache 2.0 development?  Is there a set group of people that are going to
be architecting 2.0?

Nathan

--
Nathan Schrenk						nschrenk@neog.com