httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: PR#112: Fixed or no..?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:14:54 GMT
Without looking at it, if you use a global ScriptAlias directive (eg.
cgi-bin), then normally you could access it (eg.
http://virtual-host/cgi-bin/foo) from within a virtual host.  If you put a
User directive in that virtual host, that means _all_ scripts run from
that virtual host are run as that User, which means that the ownership of
the global CGI dir probably isn't right.

The obvious workaround is to use http://main-host/cgi-bin/foo instead, but
I'm not sure if anything more can be done; haven't thought about it
though...