httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Thu Apr 17 03:17:36 PDT 1997
Date Thu, 17 Apr 1997 19:24:56 GMT
On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> >   * error compiling on NeXT:
> > 	In file included from http_main.c:108:
> > 	/NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/netinet/tcp.h:57: duplicate member `th_off'
> > 	/NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/netinet/tcp.h:58: duplicate member `th_x2'

> > 	looks like an interaction between gcc and the header
> > 	files.  It is trying to include definitions for both big and
> > 	little endian platforms, and that no work.
>
> Anyone hav access to a NeXT machine that I can borrow? Seems that
> there must be some way of forcing this :/

I'd just take this one out of the status report.  I have an account on the
machine in question that I could probably give you access to, but the
problem is:

#if BYTE_ORDER == LITTLE_ENDIAN
        u_char  th_x2:4,                /* (unused) */
                th_off:4;               /* data offset */
#endif
#if BYTE_ORDER == BIG_ENDIAN
        u_char  th_off:4,               /* data offset */
                th_x2:4;                /* (unused) */
#endif

When you use gcc, it doesn't parse those properly so it uses both.  Using
the native compiler works fine, except for mod_status which I can't make
compile although I haven't given it much attention...