httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: general/232: Apache 1.2b7/b8-dev causes Netscape to display some jpeg's as broken images (fwd)
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 22:50:05 GMT
On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> > Ok, so who wants to whine to Netscape this time about their lame browser?
>
> I suspect the bug is someplace else.
>
> My mod_perl header has never cause trouble with jpegs. I've been
> using both for months.
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem and have no user bug reports.

But do you have keepalives enabled?  If I disable keepalives, the problem
isn't there.

Unless... perhaps there is an off-by-one error in either Netscape or
Apache if the headers are of a certain length?  The headers are right
around 255 bytes long... hmm...

Perhaps I will make a test server with nc that sends headers that long...

aha.  Ok, I have managed to reproduce it without Apache.

Sending these headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK