httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: FYI - coredumps on FreeBSD
Date Sun, 06 Apr 1997 21:30:41 GMT
On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> FWIW - I _am_ on 2.2. Things don't appear to play any nicer on 2.2
> WRT FD_SETSIZE than on 2.1. Overall, the changes seem to be a win.
> 2.2 also seems to handle the load a little better.

Odd.  AFAIK, it _should_ work fine.  I will have to look at it when I get
a chance, perhaps something else is going on.  Are you sure that you
redefined FD_SETSIZE before including any other files _everywhere_ in the
source you were compiling?

BTW, if you are using 2.2 you probably want the change made by dg the
other week to only wakeup one of the processes blocked in accept() instead
of all of them.  I am wondering if reversing the order of searching the
queue (to make the queue of processes blocked in accept() be handled LIFO
instead of FIFO) could help for using Apache.  It would mean that instead
of subsequent requests rotating through all the servers currently running,
they would use the most recently used one that is free.  I will probably
tyr a setsockopt() hack to let the process specify this sometime.