httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: SIGPIPE on Solaris 2.5.1
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:43:47 GMT
Now that we are on this topic, might it be possible to define a module
cleanup function for Apache modules?  Looking at the code, it seems like
this should be done from the timeout() function in http_main.c.

I am currently manageing my own file descriptors.  I should probably be
using the popen functions from alloc.c, but the various SQL engines that
mod_php can talk to prefer to have their various close connection functions
called as well instead of just shutting down the sockets.

I might solve this by making my Exit function the SIG_PIPE handler and then
in turn having my Exit function call Apache's timeout function.  I don't
think this can be done for SIGALRM nor SIGURG though.  It seems like a good
way to solve it would be to let modules define an optional exit/cleanup
function.

Am I off my rocker here?  Have I missed an obvious solution?

-Rasmus