httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: CGIWrap Problems (fwd)
Date Tue, 29 Apr 1997 05:55:38 GMT
This is a bug, not a feature.  The find_path_info routine does not
work right if the request has been made to a ScriptAlias which
includes its own path_info as part of the result.  The script is then
fed the wrong SCRIPT_NAME, PATH_INFO, and PATH_TRANSLATED because
find_path_info thinks that the real script name is part of the path.

While this is related to the FILEPATH_INFO "feature", it is still a bug.

.....Roy