httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: when accept() fails...
Date Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:23:14 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>     Well, what about incrementing a consecutive-errors counter and
>>     croaking if it hits 16?  Reset after each successful accept().
>Problem is that the child is the one doing the accepts, while the parent
>would be the one to try something like closing and reopening the socket.
>I'm not sure that the child simply exiting would help, although it could

    Hmmph.  This shared-environment stuff is out of my experience.  How
    about this:  Have the child send a SIGUSR2 to the parent, who does
    the close/reopen.  Then the parent ignores SIGUSR2, sends it to the
    process group, and re-enables it.  Upon receipt of SIGUSR2, children
    do whatever they need to do to pick up the new socket.

    That may be completely bogus, but it's off the top of my head.

    Sounds like we should fix this for 1.2.1; it would seem to be too
    involved for 1.2.

    #ken    :-)}

View raw message