httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject SEGVs and PHP.. but not PHP?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:27:53 GMT
    From PR#389:

>From the fingers of Lewis De Payne flowed the following:
>> Synopsis: httpd - caught SIGSEGV (segment violation!)
>> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
>> State-Changed-By:
>> State-Changed-When: Wed Apr 23 05:02:19 PDT 1997
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> We have seen this problem with FreeBSD and PHP.  Would you
>> please try updating to the latest version of mod_php and
>> see if the problem persists?  Please let us know the results.
>Shortly after submitting the PR, I upgraded to the latest CVS
>release of PHP after receiving a tip from one of your people.
>This has not cured the problem.  Please advise.

    Okey, he's running "FreeBSD 2.2.1 RELEASE #0" and "PHP/FI-2.0b11"
    and not getting a core dump.  This is starting to get monotonous..

    a) Rasmus, are there known SEGV problems with this version of PHP?
       Does he need to upgrade?
    b) Do we have a list of systems that need to be frobbed in order to
       dump core from superuser jobs?  (FreeBSD, Linux, ... ; what
    c) Do we have instructions about how to enable core dumps for [B]
       systems?  (I thought we had a couple, but now I can't find

    I put something in the FAQ about the missing dumps, but it looks
    like more is needed - like a page of how to work around it.

    #ken    :-(}

View raw message