httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Reorder Configuration now
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:16:58 GMT
>From the fingers of "Roy T. Fielding" flowed the following:
>
>I think we need to do this now, not later.  At the very least, the
>URL manipulation modules need to be placed in proper order, which is
>
>      proxy
>      alias
>      rewrite

    +1 for 1.2.. but I find this dependecy alarming, and definitely
    something to be addressed for 2.0.  A workaround for 1.2 for affected
    modules might be for them to leave notes for themselves of what they
    had during earlier calls, and then check during the fixup phase to
    see if someone else frobbed the request.  That's still
    order-dependent, but somewhat of an improvement I think.

    {Sigh}  another post-fixup phase: "last-call"?

    #ken    :-(}