httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Problems with GNATS..?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:42:33 GMT
    Has anyone else noticed that the apache-bugdb mail for some PRs
    seems to include garbled text?  It seems to be happening
    specifically with Paul's responses in GNATS (at least I haven't
    noticed with anyone elses, and not even all of his).  It's almost as
    if newlines are being treated as CRs, and overwriting the line from
    the beginning.  (In fact, as I was including this, I actually
    managed to *spot* it doing this.)  For example, in
    <199704151119.EAA25209@hyperreal.com>:

>State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
>State-Changed-By: pcs
>State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 15 04:19:33 PDT 1997
>State-Changed-Why:
>This is the correct behavior. Multiple file extensions<CR>
>can be used to give various types of meta information, such as <CR>
>handler, language, mime type and encoding. It will always honor<CR>
>all extensions. <CR>
><CR>
>As a workaround, if you want to hide an extension, you<CR>
>could use an extension which has no meaning - which will<CR>
>make all extensions to the _left_ of this one ignored.<CR>
>E.g. file.map.xxx.html - the 'map' extension will be<CR>
>ignored, provided 'xxx' is not defined as a mime type,<CR>
>languague, handler or encoding.

    (I substituted for the actual CR characters; the problem was obvious
    when editing the text.)

    Is this something we should change the bugdb script to fix?  (E.g.,
    "tr/\r/\n/")  Or just ask Paul to "don't do that"? ;->

    #ken    :-)}