httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Broken API / per-dir config create (was: Re: mod_rewrite and per-dir context)
Date Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:33:21 GMT
>From the fingers of Ralf S. Engelschall flowed the following:
>
>The problem is not a subrequest, the problem is the per-dir walk to .htaccess
>files and the fact that when a .htaccess file is found, the mod_rewrite
>per-dir config create function gets called (ok up to this point), but always
>with the second argument as NULL (not ok). The second argument to the per-dir
>config create functions should be supply the directory name according to the
>API.

    I'm unable to reproduce this at all using a different module and
    1.2b9-dev.  This would seem to have such an incredibly serious
    impact on all 1.2b8 servers that I'm sure we would have heard about
    it by now; it would break just about all of the directory processing.

    Has anyone else been able to make this happen?  With mod_rewrite or
    any other module?  Ralf, are you absolutely sure your server is
    vanilla 1.2b8 in all other respects?

    #ken    :-(}