httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: unsigned host port
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 09:36:44 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>----------------------------
>revision 1.93
>date: 1997/03/29 03:40:34;  author: fielding;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
>Host port changed to unsigned short.
>
>Submitted by: Ken Coar, PR #276
>Reviewed by: Roy Fielding, Chuck Murcko
>
>The reason I bring it up is because mod_rewrite hasn't yet been updated:

    I'm not sure what you mean.  I received a copy of the update notice
    from apache-cvs.  The patch that went in didn't include mod_rewrite
    by design, although that may have been a design error.  ;->

    When I submitted the patch I *didn't* include the required change to
    mod_rewrite, but flagged it for Ralf's attention.  He acknowledged
    it, but I don't know if he made the change in his own copy and
    didn't submit a patch to the group, or hasn't made it at all, or
    what.

    As I recall, the major feeling was that, if mod_rewrite was to be
    considered a regular part of the Apache package, the copy the
    repository had to be considered the master, and Ralf's a copy
    thereof, rather than the converse.  However, that never seemed to
    happen.  Or perhaps I'm misremembering.  The question was
    complicated by the fact that the latest mod_rewrite is always
    backward-compatible.

    I can't explain why, but when I've had something that needed
    application to mod_rewrite, I *haven't* been including it myself but
    just flagging it for Ralf's attention, and he's typically applied it
    in a subsequent patch submitted for the module.  {Sigh}  Mea culpa.
    I'll be better..

    So: what *is* the story with where the master mod_rewrite lives?

    #ken    :-/}