httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: www6?
Date Sun, 06 Apr 1997 08:10:39 GMT
>Given that you assured us earlier that we wouldn't have to pay upwards
>of $495 to attend just the Apache session (and I certainly don't plan
>to) we can't 'sign up' using the web page. Is there anything that we
>do need to do, or can we just show up randomly?

You just need to show up.  If anyone asks you for a conference badge,
tell them you are a speaker at the Apache BOF.  If they still insist,
tell them to talk to me.  This is a big conference and there will be
lots of people who haven't picked up their badges yet, so there won't
be any problem getting to the door of the session.  If there are volunteers
at the door, I will tell them to let you through.  If some goober still
gets in your way, just babble at them until I see you or they get tired.
However, the BOFs have been open to anyone at all other IWWW conferences,
so it is unlikely you will be bothered at all.

....Roy  [we don't need no sting-kin badges ....]