httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@originat.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR general/313
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 09:40:20 GMT
marc@hyperreal.com writes:

I think we need some guidelines about what people are doing with
gnats. You're right, it isn't a general user support forum, so why the
hell are people "chatting" in the database logs?

This PR should have been closed with the message "Not a genuine error
report". Your reply should have gone via mail not via the gnats
database.

This isn't a specific attack of you, you're just the unfortunate one I
took as an example :-) A lot of people seem to be using gnats this way
and it's going to make the bugs database useless as a tracking tool
should you want to go back and find the reasons things were done.

--
  Dr Paul Richards, Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Internet: paul@originat.demon.co.uk