httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@originat.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/htdocs/manual/misc FAQ.html
Date Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:43:29 GMT
Marc Slemko <marcs@worldgate.com> writes:

> Me thinks it is possible to have cvs not include the keyword (eg. $Id$)
> diffs in the output that it mails to the list.  As I recall, this was the
> primary complaint about them before.

Most other projects have added their own $Id, liek $NetBSD or $XFree86
(FreeBSD is still lagging behind though it's agreed in principle). We
could add an $Apache.

I didn't press this since I was losing the battle to convince people
of it's importance and I still regret it. (It's not easy to do a diff
of a change between a file you have and the next revision if you don't
know what revision you have).

--
  Dr Paul Richards, Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Internet: paul@originat.demon.co.uk