httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Spaces in filenames
Date Sun, 13 Apr 1997 17:52:19 GMT
It looks like spaces in paths for FTP requests are getting removed
before they reach the proxy's handlers. This is an observation, not a
requirement for an immediate fix.

ftp://emwac.ed.ac.uk/microsoft/tools/ACITT Disk 2

is becoming

ftp://emwac.ed.ac.uk/microsoft/tools/ACITT

by the time proxy_trans sees it, instead of

ftp://emwac.ed.ac.uk/microsoft/tools/ACITT%20Disk%202

or being left alone, so there's not much I can fix up about the request.
This will prevent users selecting directories or files of this form.

I'd say leave this until 1.2.1, but put a note in known bugs.
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko