httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: FYI - coredumps on FreeBSD
Date Mon, 07 Apr 1997 02:42:01 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Randy Terbush wrote:
> >
> > Chuck, Dirk and I had reported that we were seeing some odd SEGV
> > problems that seemed to be associated with a call to
> > lingering_close. I seem to have tracked down the problem as being
> > caused by the server being linked with libraries that had not been
> > compiled with FD_SETSIZE=1024 as my kernels and the rest of the
> > servers have.
> >
> > I've been running for serveral hours now without a problem. This
> > looks like it may also be related to the problem I was seeing where
> > the server would consume my entire swap space ever 12 hours.
> >
> I'm using stock (from the CD) components here, so unless FreeBSD shipped
> with a mismatch, I don't think I have one.

OTOH, if I'm trying to write to buffers that no longer exist due to an
aborted connection, that'd do it too.

The patch for cache file cleanup may help this further. Roy's timeout
and cleanup patches in the proxy have helped already, but haven't ended
the core dumps.

We'll see. I'm going to go beat on my proxy now. 8^}
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko