httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@Topsail.ORG>
Subject Re: FIX to stuck children with 1.2b7! (!!!!) (fwd)
Date Fri, 04 Apr 1997 02:23:41 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> This is the result of a discussion I had with him about some problems he
> was seeing with child processes hanging around.  The below changes look
> logical, but I have not had time to do anything other than look them over
> in 5 seconds...
>
> Should go in soon.

Roger. I'm running them here. for some reson I had to hand patch them
in, but found the missing one in the process. I'l put them in later
tonight along with the UnixWare stuff, and anything else I'm conscious
enough to wrap up by then. No stuck connects since then, but I've only
ever seen two here in a few months.

PS: The FreeBSD core file is of no use, the stack consists of end() and
that's all. Perhaps the image is walked on enough by the time it dumps
that the stack is toast.
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko