httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Changed information for PR suexec/479
Date Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:26:12 GMT
> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > There are definately special cases for = in the code... but I'm not going
> > to pretend to know why they're there.  Anyone else?
>
> For some strange reason, QUERY_STRING is broken into command line arguments
> iff there is no = in it.
>
> This is for hysterical reasons, as I understand it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

That is what I learned (the hard way) last time I changed this.
FWIW - the previous version worked just fine, however using va_arg()
was dangerous in the loop as Roy pointed out. Dropping back to that
code but adding fixed parameters for user and group would solve the
problem that led us to this place.