httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: graceful restarts, take 5
Date Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:00:48 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> The restart handler (I merged the two) no longer does a longjmp.  I was
> running into so many race conditions and problems dealing with reliable
> versus unreliable signals, and crap like that I decided to just make the
> handler set the volatile globals is_graceful, and restart_pending.
>
> I rearranged the main loop in standalone_main to check restart_pending at
> the appropriate spot.  I systematically checked all the system calls it
> uses (well I didn't dig through the config reading stuff, I *think* we're
> ok there, but some modules might be screwed) to make sure they deal with
> EINTR when they're supposed to.

Boy this is a big patch... It for sure means we need to release
1.2b9 and will delay 1.2... I know that graceful-restarts are
broken, but this adjusts a lot of things to make it work...
I'd really like this to be added with 1.2.1 and get 1.2 out.
I'll hold off on a -1 at this point
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"